欢迎光临!
 找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 8222|回复: 0

[无墨] 什么才是好画(著名CG大师Spooge Demon关于绘画定义的一段比较精辟的论述)

[复制链接]
发表于 2007-1-30 05:13:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
<P>What Is Good Drawing?  </P>) G. W1 z$ I  n, p7 X0 T5 {
<P>&nbsp;</P>
5 H) Z& i; x4 E6 @2 a! b<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;  I really don’t know what good drawing is, I cannot define it absolutely. Traditionally, it is an academic idea, and the guys at art renewal would say that naturalism is good drawing. But there are people who have expanded the definition of what is good drawing. Take for instance Elliot’s girl at the top of this page. It is excellent! Everyone seems to like it. All those French dudes draw like a fish swims. But the proportions are funny and the arm is too short and the head is strange and the hip is missing, etc. So in the eyes of an academic purist this is bad drawing. So I would say that drawing is as subjective as any aspect of art, and has more to do with the emotional expression of form. If it looks wrong to you, it is wrong… to you. There is an old painting I did of a gladiator crouching. I was very happy with the gesture of it. But so many people says it looks messed up to them. So who is right? If you go with the expanded idea of what drawing can be, to include more expressive ideas, it becomes very subjective.</P>
$ H; b& P0 W( \* d" g! B<P>&nbsp;</P>& h7 y4 p9 @3 N: D; X1 w
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; But the art renewal people and dim witted people in general, think they know what good drawing/art is. Even by their own definitions, some of the “living masters” in their “approved” gallery don’t know much, and it is pretty embarrassing in my eyes. I have watched them work first hand and listened to their narrations. I cannot prove that it is “bad,” because I do believe in my own conviction about how subjective things are. I can only say that I get cross-eyed looking at some of them. And if academic skill is the only thing you are selling, it is grim. So as far as worrying about anatomy in these speed things, that is an involved question. But to make it simpler, if there is something that bothers the viewer, it is wrong to them. Others could like it. But usually these images are thoughts that have one or two goals in mind, like lighting or composition or even anatomy (maybe pay more attention then). I guess the shortest answer I could give is spending enough thought so that it does not stick out painfully. Flushy, I am going to say something pretty harsh, so the rest of you go away for a minute I am roughly 15 years older than you, and I see a lot of the same strengths and weaknesses in your work and mine. You and I have a good handle on setting up a solid value structure and then playing with paint and light effects to keep the eye entertained. But you, like me, need more drawing. I just started about 3-4 years ago.. Don’t make the same mistakes I made, hiding behind piles of pretty paint, start now and learn more about drawing. Any painterly illustrative style depends on this more than anything. Your work will be better, faster, more flexible, and more profitable. You will learn faster as time goes on and the emergence of your own artistic personality will be much stronger. I had a teacher at AC that said plainly that in all the students he had seen, income was based on the ability to draw more than any other factor.  </P>; e( T! \& D4 }, Q; a
<P>&nbsp;</P>% B1 {! `- r5 |- ^1 W
<P> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; But you protest “you just said you did not know what drawing is!” That’s right I don’t, but I think that it has something to do with your own personal understanding the form and structure of the things around us, and figuring out how to express that on a 2-d surface. And to further explain my obnoxious comments about academic artists above, be very very careful of whom you listen to, and that includes me. I have seen way too many young artists get caught in the academic thing and never emerge. I can see them sitting before the feet of the robed master, as he tells tales of the greatness that they should all strive for, to immolate themselves on the pyre of 19th century masters, there is only one true path and all else lead to the dark side. So try to find people you can learn from, but a variety, not one (or one institution) who claims to Know, and says if you don’t listen you are Damned. I don’t think this will happen to you, you are a little older, and maybe have a stronger personality and could tell them to shove it.   If you find yourself on your own, go to museums often, carry a sketchbook at all times (and even draw in it) and draw from life as much as you can. Learn about art history too. Draw and think while you are drawing. Spending 2 hours filling a background behind a head drawing with a 4H pencil is not the best use of time.</P>
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

客户端